Physical, Occupational, or Speech therapy is recommended for anyone who is in discomfort, injured, or has a limitation that hampers their ability to do normal day to day activities. We at Progressive Rehabilitation Associates are committed to identifying the source of your discomfort or limitations and developing a treatment plan that will enable you to resume a full and healthy lifestyle. Our Coralville, Iowa City, North Liberty, Tiffin, Tipton, or Williamsburg, IA physical therapy clinic can help you get back to your favorite hobbies!
What Should I Do To Prepare For My Appointment?
- Please arrive 15 minutes early for your first appointment.
- Make a list of questions that you want to discuss on your first visit.
- Bring a copy of your insurance card and a photo ID with you.
- Be prepared to share your medical history, previous treatments, current medications, and other pertinent information.
- Make a list of any signs or symptoms that the therapist should be aware of. What has been irritating or hurting you lately? How long have you been dealing with the issue? What does it prevent you from doing?
What To Expect At Your First Appointment At Progressive Rehabilitation Associates
- You will register at the front desk when you arrive at our office. We will take care of the insurance paperwork so you can concentrate on healing as quickly as possible.
- After that, you’ll have your initial evaluation with one of our therapists. We will ask about your medical history, current pain, illness, or injury during your evaluation. Be open and honest as this will assist us in better understanding your problem and determining the best solution for you!
- Your movement, strength, coordination, and other aspects will be assessed during your appointment.
- Our physical, occupational, or speech therapist will recommend and design a specific treatment plan based on your evaluation to achieve the quickest recovery and greatest results. Some treatments will be given on the first day to get you started on the road to recovery. However, you will be able to fully apply your treatment plan during your next visit.
- Our therapists will keep a record of their findings and treatment plan, which will be given to your referring physician or another medical expert of your choosing.
- Before you leave your first appointment, you will schedule the remainder of your appointments with the front desk. The number of treatment sessions required will be determined by the recommendation of our therapists and will be discussed with you at your first appointment.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time. We want to make sure you’re comfortable so you can get back to normal as soon as possible.
All intake forms will be sent to you electronically to fill out at your convenience prior to your first visit. Please contact the office most convenient to you to schedule your initial visit and to receive your intake forms.
If you don’t have time to print them off beforehand, it’s not a problem! Just arrive at least 25 minutes early to allow extra time before your appointment to complete the forms in our clinic.